Specialist Tuition provides students with personalised, one-on-one mentoring with specialist industry professionals. This ongoing partnership allows students to better develop technical proficiency and overall musicianship in their nominated area(s) of study. These skills are then incorporated into the student’s personal learning, reinforced during their practice at home and applied in various rehearsal/performance settings.
Specialist Tuition is included for all students who enrol for the Performance Music Membership.
Students receive eight 30-minute lessons per term, generally scheduled during class time at the same day/time each week. The school’s 7-day rotating class timetable will minimise the impact of lessons on a given classroom subject. A strictly limited number of lesson times are available outside of class time, depending on the Specialist Tutor’s availability. If available, these times will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis with preference given to Year 11-12 students.
Specialist Tuition is available for the following areas of study (maximum of 2 different ‘cohorts’):
- Woodwind: Flute/Piccolo, Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Saxophone (Alto, Tenor, Baritone), Oboe, Bassoon
- Brass: Trumpet, Horn, Trombone (Tenor, Bass), Euphonium, Tuba
- Percussion: Drum Kit, Concert and Mallet Percussion, Timpani
- Strings: Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass
- Guitar: Accoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Bass Guitar